Monday, April 14, 2008

Where should we go...

I think we should plan to get everyone to Disney World by January!

Here is what it would take:
*Note - distance is estimated by Mapquest and rounded. The time is in hours:minutes and assumes that someone not Peanut (who's fast) or Valerie (who's slow) is driving. Also, please feel free to edit the places so they are closer to your actual area.

From Athens, Georgia (Sarah) - 461 miles (7:17)
From Bangor, Maine (Diane, Prudie, Valerie, Lois) - 1553 miles (24:42)
From Baton Rouge, Louisianna (Ken, Vickie) - 701 miles (10:27)
From Boston, Massachusetts (Mary, Josh, Claudia, Abby, Peanut, Curtis, TK) - 1322 (21:04)
From Emporia, Kansas (Andria, Chino) - 1352 miles (20:41)
From Norman, Oklahoma (Bobby, Hayley) - 1283 miles (19:48)
From Portland, Oregon (Corina, Alan) - 3088 miles (45:09)
From San Angelo, Texas (Tracie, Kat) - 1399 miles (20:56)

Total (taking one person at a time): 32,034 miles. Total (if folks car-pool): 11,159 miles.

Can we get everyone there by January? That would take about 300 miles a week from now... That sounds like a lot of running/walking... BUT - remember: we did over 100 miles in 3 out of 14 days. What if we start to include some weekday miles? I bet we can make 300 miles a week - that is an average of 2.5 miles per person per day. 2.5 miles is a lot for most of us, but some of us are doing MUCH more than that.

What do you think? Is this too much to reach for? I bet we can do it - especially with some folks doing upcoming marathons.

10 comments:

Tracie said...

This sounds like a piece of cake and with all the motivation we have and with the amount of family participation we have - I think we can probably go around the world and back to Disney!! I'm game.
Anyone else in ??

What Me Run? said...

Oh - and after talking to Andi, remember - we can include cross training too. We can get there walking/running/biking/swiming/eliptical-ing/cartwheeling - well maybe only Kat, Sarah and TK can get there cartwheeling...

I thought about it all night, and I am sure we can get there! We'll get closer as January approaches.

me said...

Great idea....count "me" in. Oh no, I will be coming from Louisiana soon since "me" is getting out of ME as soon as possible. PR

valerie said...

I'm in. How many miles did we say? V

Alan said...

Count me in as long as we're sharing the miles, that 45 hours from Oregon sounds tough!!! 2.5 miles/day for all of us is a nice goal I think, great idea.

What Me Run? said...

We are definately sharing the miles. Also - all the biking you're doing in the mornings count as well!

valerie said...

Katerina ran a mile today in phs. ed. class. Does that count? She HAD to do it, just like Tracie does with her job? This wasn't a weekend run, though.

Andria said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! As we get closer to marathon time the milage will be increasing a lot. We can totally do it. I know carpooling is very green, but walking there is even better. I say, go big! Let's all get us there! Each of us doesn't have to cover our own distances. We just have to all do it cumulatively. I know we can do that!

SargeInNorman said...

I am all for getting everyone to Disney in whatever manner we can. I have created a spreadsheet to track everyone's miles. If you put in any miles, whether it is by walking, running, biking, swimming, or whatever, please message me and I will add it to your total. It does not have to be mileage from just the weekend. If you want to email me with your miles once a week you can do that. Each week I will post a running total.

Andria said...

Now I have to go figure my milage in terms of flights of stairs...