Saturday, April 5, 2008

Few and Far Between

So I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. 33 year old female who has been in the US Marine Corps for 15 years. I will NOT be running a marathon - that absolutely does NOT interest me. I run for a living and believe that paying to run is nuts. I will support all of my cousins, brothers, nieces, whoever in their goal of running a marathon while I stand on the sideline and show support as a motivator. I can motivate VERY WELL and can yell loud.
I am extremely proud of everyone for making a goal and getting to it. I run about 5 days a week and I never run more then 4 or 5 miles. I stay to the short runs and although sometimes it's speed work and sometimes it's on a treadmill, it's always less then 5 miles.
I am a single mom of two kids (boy 11, girl 8) and chase after them often. I am a firefighter so that helps me stay in shape also. My life revolves around the kids and the Marine Corps - there isn't much time for anything else. I keep up with the family via their blogs and love to see how much progress they have made. This weekend our multi-state exercise session was AWESOME. It should be a weekly thing. Technology is GREAT!!

3 comments:

Andria said...

I'm definitely hoping this is a weekend event. It's great motivation. Thanks for joining us to contribute!

SargeInNorman said...

I am all for this to be a weekly event.

Hayley said...

Me too! Me too! This will definitely movtivate me, knowing everyone else is right along with me! :D