Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Motivation

What’s your motivation? Losing weight? Being a part of the family-project? Becoming a marathon runner? Fitting into a smaller size? Liking the feel of your body in motion? Having time to yourself? Endorphins?

We are all doing this for different reasons and I wonder what is motivating you?

For me, I have two motivations. First, I’m trying to get healthy because I love sugar. It is my favorite food! I love sugar in all forms, especially ice cream. I want to eat ice cream when I am sixty years old and the only way I can do that is if I eat less ice cream now and get in shape. So I am doing this for ice cream when I’m sixty.

The second reason I am running is to keep my bad habits in check. I spend way too much time frivolously and running helps keep me focused. Bad habits have a way of getting out of hand and taking over my life. On the days I run I feel proud and strong and it is sooooo much easier to make healthy choices when you feel good about yourself. So the second reason I run is to feel proud enough to make good life choices.

Who’s next…

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Awesome post - good motivation factors. I also LOVE sugar. But pizza is my weakness. I exercise extra on days I eat pizza so I can eat an extra slice.

Worded perfectly!!!

Andria said...

I love it! I run for ice cream at 60 also. That's great. I'll be posting my response later, but yours are good ones.

valerie said...

Valere Motivation:

1. Family project. I enjoy being a part of your unbelievable achievements.

2. TK is playing soccer. It's not bad to have him tie my shoes, but I would like to be able to help him pass or kick the ball.

3. It's great to be outside. I can't do the gardening like I used to (my knee), but I sure can put on the Pavarotti CD (or ELVIS) and
escape!

4. Nobody ever considered me pretty, not even when I was 120 lbs. I'm not a fashion diva. I just want to feel better---

5. This is the most important: I am going to be 60 years old soon, and I am healthy. I don't have diabetes. I didn't have cancer, or broken bones, or MS, or anything
that compromises me being here. I don't even smoke or drink. I have a responsibilty to get fit and to stay fit, because I am blessed with naturally good health.

Hayley said...

All of these are excellent motivations!! I'll be posting soon as well. Oooo, pizza and ice cream - they're both amazing!