Saturday, April 5, 2008

7 States, 15 Participants, 46.18 Miles, 1 Big Day (Family)

Here is the breakdown of today's multi-state family relay fun run. It began in Florida at 5:30 am ET and spanned a seven state total, finishing up shortly after 4 pm ET. It included 14 known participants accumulating 43.68 miles. The time it took to cover all that is approximated to be about 10.5 hours. Ironically, although numerous family members were taking part at the exact same time, it is not that far off from the actual time from when the run began and when it finished. States contributing miles this week were:

Florida - 1 member at 8 miles
Louisiana - 1 member at 4.03, 1 at 4
Kansas - 1 member at 4.23 miles
Maine - 2 members at 1 mile each, 1 at .5
Massachusetts - 2 members at 3 miles, 1 at 3.44
Oregon - 1 member at 6.4, 1 at 1.5
Texas - 1 member at 2.2

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Something that is even more INCREDIBLE? While typing this up, another report was just received from Massachusetts bringing in another 2.5 miles in about 45 minutes. WOW!!!

I had a lot of fun with this today. By the involvement by everyone else I gather you did too. Shall we put on our gear again next Saturday? It is not required that you run at the exact same time as everyone else considering we will be spanning all four contiguous time zones next weekend, as I will be going from ET to MT, but it is cool when it is possible. What do you say about 50 miles? Or rather a double marathon (52.4)?

7 comments:

Andria said...

Wow! This really was an amazing day. I really had fun with this and I think we all did. I'm up for next weekend. If anyone wants to go at the same time, let me know! It was great to start the day off with a run like this.

Andria said...

Double mary! Double mary!

Ken said...

Vickie also completed the following from Louisiana:
4 Miles - 37 minutes 55 seconds

Tracie said...

I am having surgery on Wednesday so doubt I will be able to participate next Saturday. I can't wait to read about it though as today was a total blast. What fun! Great job everyone!!!!

SargeInNorman said...

Vickie was included in the totals. Did you all like the play on words with the Day (Family)?

Katerina said...

Wow, guys. This is great. Valerie and I have been checking the e-mails sent from you guys, and we're glad that we were able to get that high up in miles. In case you didn't know, I have also uploaded the pictures to my MySpace if anyone would like to see them. (They are the ones from the Disney Trip). We're going next year, right?

Anyway, Valerie, Grampy and I say "Sign us up!" for next weekend. I'll be running on the treadmill. And if it counts, in March I ran one mile, which is four times around on the treadmill. I don't know if it would count, but it might.

Ciao for now!

-Katerina, Valerie and Grampy

What Me Run? said...

Did you capture Curtis's 1.38 miles from Mass?