Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shirts Revisited

OK, now that we have seen B run the marathon, I want to start planning our running gear - especially the shirts or tops. We talked earlier this year about all wearing the same top. We talked color and saying, but we have not talked material. I am thinking that we don't want to get the 4/$10 t-shirts at ACMoore and have them screen printed. B, you looked like you needed a different shirt - the sleeves were chafing you. T mentioned in an earlier blog about propper PT clothes, and we need to talk about what that is. I will tell you, as my runs get longer, I will probably find that spandex works the best for shorts for me. Butt, since I am slow, y'all won't have to view the back. Ha ha ha.

Seriously, we may want to work on the shirts sooner rather than later. Is there some recommendation from Runners World about where you can get shirts? Since cotton is rotten, I think we aren't likely to be able to dye it a certain color. So, we have to pick from what is out there. I think some folks are already working on it, so my worries may be for naught. But, I have to think of something while running.

I like the idea of using the fabric paint to "write" our names on our shirts. If not our real name, then a nickname. I liked being able to cheer for folks when I knew their names. I think I would like folks to cheer me on that way, too.

2 comments:

Andria said...

We talked about this during apple picking and decided we definitely need the wicking stuff. You'll get chaffing on a 26 mile run no matter what. But, we will need to get them early enough to do some runs in before the big day. M, have you found anything yet?

Hayley said...

I definitely agree with Andria, once you wear the wicking material you won't go back! Names on the shirts would be great, but do they print our names on the bibs?